The long winter is ending, and the spring flowers are blooming, so it must be time for an Amarok release. In this version 2.4.1, we fixed many bugs and corner-case crashes, so your Amarok will be more rock-steady than ever. Lyrics iPod handling both got some love, along with remote collections. Also, you can now better preview your changes in the Organize Collection feature.
The changelog below gives a fairly complete overview of the changes since the last major release.
Join us and rediscover your music!
Changelog for Version 2.4.1 and 2.4.1-Beta 1
- Remote NFS & SMB/CIFS collections now work! (BR 249760, BR 232976, BR 171213, BR 187692)
- New "Preview" feature for the Organize Collection dialog. Patch by Maximilian Güntner <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- String filtering in the albums applet.
- Ability to change text alignment in the lyrics applet.
- gpodder.net Service, a Podcast Directory displaying the most used Tags from gpodder.net & the top Podcasts of these Tags
- The podcast directory service is now based on incremental parsing of OPML without caching in the database.
- Plugins can now be optionally enabled in the config dialog.
- Script selector is moved from the menubar to the config dialog.
- Now all changes to Preset Formats in Organize Collection dialog get saved on close, doesn't matter If dialog was accepted or rejected.
- Added "Update Preset" button to Organize Collection dialog, which updates currently choosen scheme.
- Renewed FilterEditor dialog.
- Changed tokens syntax in FileNameLayoutDialog (TagGuesser, OrginizeCollection dialogs) now tokens wrapped in percent signs (%token% instead of %token).
- Added ability to guess tags from whole track path. (TagGuesser dialog)
- Use KDirWatch to watch changes to collection.
- Do always store track rating as tags in files. Patch by Alan Ezusti <email@example.com>. (BR 259117)
- Added missing tooltip for animation settings. Patch by Bhargav Mangipudi <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (BR 248690)
- Fixed crash on saving playlist on ineligible device. (BR 266899)
- Fixed Photos applet crash on track metadata change. (BR 265395)
- Fixed crash on local collection search. (BR 270949)
- Fixed crash during iPod track removal. (BR 253088)
- Relative paths support for XSPF playlists. (BR 264147)
- Fixed incorrect handling of "Various Artists" node by Collection Browser, now selection of this node returns "Various Artists" tracks instead of whole collection. (BR: 263255, BR: 269717)
- Fixed song scrobbling if It was paused. (BR 267477)
- Screen escape characters in MusicBrainz request string. (BR 269455)
- Fixed detection of iPod devices.
- Fixed crash when the lyrics applet was removed and re-added while a track was playing and the user pressed "ESC".
- Fixed cached lyrics were not displayed if no lyrics script was running.
- Fixed lyrics changes in the TagDialog were not "synchronized" to the lyrics applet.
- Fixed reporting of playback status for MPRIS (both versions). (BR 268282)
- Fixed translation issue in MagnatuneSignupDialog. Patch by Burkhard Lueck (email@example.com) (BR: 239019)
- Fixed crash on loading unsupported format playlist. (BR: 265378)
- Ask delete confirmation for all contents of folder at once instead of each individually. Affects "Saved Playlists" and "Podcasts" (BR 246117)
- Fixed unreadable text in lyrics applet in kde 4.6. (BR 265311)
- Fixed tag dialog crash when sorting by genre and then changing tags.
- Fixed track's statistics update in case of StopAfterCurrent playback mode (prevent double statistics change). (BR 265654)
- Delete .mood files when tracks got removed from collection via Collection view context menu, and move them to new destination during Organize Collection process. (BR 261629)
- Fixed "Configure Amarok..." disappearing in tray menu. (BR 258226)
- Fixed crash when quitting Amarok. (BR 253676, BR 257407)
- Fixed empty folders removal after collection organization. (BR 190881)
- Fixed crash when trying to load cover for track/album without artist. (BR 263256)
- Fixed linking on Solaris 11 (and others?). (BR 264112)
- Fixed temporary podcast download filenames that were to long by using MD5 hash instead. Thanks to Frank Steinmetzger for the patch. (BR 264813)
- Fixed issue with absentee toolbar on clear run (without config files). (BR 259615)
- Fixed CD copying functionality. (BR 264050)
- Fixed CUE tracks playback order. (BR 263237)
- Prevent crash on exit when using Phonon-VLC.
- Fixed crash in the queue editor when trying to show already removed items of the playlist. (BR 263308)
- Fixed Mute button. (BR 253098)
- Fixed issue with Organize collection, which made amarok remove newly copied tracks. (BR 263301)
- Fixed wrong "Configure amarok" action position in tray icon popup menu. (BR 263330)
- Fixed minor inconsistency in the Collection view. Patch by Bhargav Mangipudi <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (BR 260973)
- Fixed potential crash with the Similar Artists applet. Thanks to Tuomas Nurmi <email@example.com> for the patch. (BR 263145)
- Fixed 'Scale Font' option in OSD options for OSD preview widget. (BR 254029)
- Fixed issue with playlist tooltips that was shown independetly from "Show tooltip" option. (BR 263121)
- Fixed issues with multifiles cuesheet, when all tracks get metadata of last track in cuesheet, and each file defined in sheet gets all tracks of this sheet. (BR 262668) (BR 209341)
- Fixed crash when trying to download a full size cover and the server redirects the request. (BR 262902)
- Fixed issue when breadcrumbs stayed not updated after service insert/remove. (BR 262780)
- Fixed issue with TagDialog that make metadata fields stay editable if multiple streams opened. (BR 177400)
- Fixed missing equals-sign ('=') in filter string of bookmarks. (BR 245759)