<h3>amaroK 1.1-beta1 'aKademy' released</h3>
In time for the annual KDE developer conference "aKademy", we present amaroK 1.1, the next generation of the leading audio player for KDE. The fruit of three months of intense work, this version adds amazing new features, and a lot of polishing on the user interface.
amaroK 1.1 lets you experience your music.
New Features Overview
- Automatic cover image download
- Xine audio engine, for perfect music playback
- Built-in cover image manager
- Welcome wizard, for easy configuration
- Playback of remote files with KIO
- Tag Editor, with automatic tagging support
- LibVisual support for visualizations
Please note, that this beta version does not support the aRts framework. Use the GStreamer or xine multimedia backends instead.
Also, this version requires Qt 3.3.