Amarok 2.3.2 "Moonshine" released
The Amarok Team is happy to announce the release of Amarok 2.3.2.
This release brings with it much requested bugfixes for some long-standing bugs. Specifically, Dynamic Collection has received fixes and should now work better with external hard drives and USB mass storage devices (Collection directories on these media will need to be rescanned for the changes to take effect). The Collection Browser now refreshes properly after a full rescan, fixing a bug where it would show incorrectly cached entries until Amarok was restarted.
Very importantly, Amarok 2.3.2 is now compatible with KDE’s 4.5 release. Older Amarok versions would exhibit a number of serious bugs with it.
The Last.fm internet service now works without using KWallet, which was a problem that concerned many of our users. The podcast section has seen many improvements and podcasts can now be grouped into folders. Searching capabilities have been much improved. In the collection filter box, it is now possible to search for many new criteria, including file format, file size, and last played date.
We are also very proud to present you a brand new Quick Start Guide, available here: http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/QuickStartGuide. Thanks a lot to Valorie and the Amarok Documentation Team for this great work. If you are interested in contributing to the ongoing work on the Amarok Handbook, please contact us on email@example.com, or talk to us in #rokymotion on irc.freenode.net
As always, the full changelog since the last beta release can be seen below. For changes until beta release please refer to the changelog for Amarok 2.3.2 beta 1.
Join us and rediscover your music!
- Bumped libMTP dependency to version 1.0.0.
- Improved response of current track and albums applet on data updates.
- Use system date/time format for default name when saving user playlists.
- Fixed incorrect size of the VideoClip applet. (BR 247097)
- Comments embedded in files that contained newlines or tabs could be skipped entirely. (BR 223502)
- The equalizer dialog did not discard changes when clicking "Cancel". Patch by Anton Gritsay <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (BR 242730)
- The Last.fm service did not work without KWallet. (BR 235861)
- Show actual KDE version in the "About Amarok" dialog, instead of the version used at compile time.
- Fixed a crash when trying to save a playlist to a file where the format of the playlist was unknown. (BR 246168)
- Also use podcast channel image for downloaded episodes. (BR 229391)
- Collection directories that were symlinks could end up storing the wrong absolute path, causing those files to be removed during incremental scans.
- Fixed playlist tooltips not showing up, even when enabled in the playlist layout (BR 249086)
- Fixed potential crashes related to Applet loading. (BR 246756)
- Fixed possible crash in Labels Applet when playing new track. (BR 248538)
- Fixed incorrect layout of applets on startup.
- Fixed Collection Browser not properly updating after a full rescan, necessitating Amarok to be closed and reopened. Fixes various bugs. (BR 172542)
- Fixed cover found dialog closing when download failed or is cancelled.
- Fixed failure when fetching cddb info for audio CDs in localized Amarok.
- Fixed expanding items in collection browser by double-click, in double-click mode.
- Fixed crash when adding new folders repeatedly in podcast/saved playlist browsers.
- Fixed context menu actions acting on wrong indices in the playlist browser.
- Fixed incorrect text about "rpath" argument to collection scanner. (BR 236076)
- Fixed emission of MPRIS StatusChange signal when switching into or out of random mode.