Amarok 2.3.1 Beta 1 "Dark Star" Released
We encourage our users to test this release and provide feedback. The usual warnings apply: this is a beta release and there can be rough corners. However, overall it is quite usable, and your feedback can help us making an even better 2.3.1 release :)
Join us and rediscover your music!
The changes since Amarok 2.3.0 include:
- Persistant Queue Saving: The playlist queue is now saved when Amarok is closed and restored upon startup. (BR 215057)
- Automated Playlist Generator: allows smart creation of playlists that match user-specified constraints. Combines the features of "Smart Playlists" in Amarok 1.4 with the Bias system of Amarok 2.0.
- It's now possible to mark all episodes in a channel as old or new at once.
- New "Upcoming Events" applet, displays future concerts for the artist of the currently playing track. The event info is fetched from Last.fm.
- New "Similar Artists" applet, displays a list of artists which are similar to the one currently played. The list is fetched from Last.fm.
- The scripting system now offers a new function for detecting that a track has finished. Patch by Michael MacDonald <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (BR 227312)
- New "CoverBling" applet, which allows to browse your collection in an animated 3D view. Thanks to Manu Wagner <email@example.com>.
- Support for the new System Tray technology from KDE SC 4.4. This adds nice animations and a better looking popup menu to the System Tray. Thanks to Aurelien Gateau <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the patch.
- Allow playlist layouts to group tracks by directory. (BR 230594)
- Cover fetcher: The UI was improved. Now an icon view is used to display results, with an informational sidebar that may show interesting bits about an image.
- Cover fetcher: Added ability to enter custom queries via Yahoo!, Google, or Discogs (in addition to Lasf.Fm). Note the source for automatic cover fetching is still Last.fm only.
- Allow changing the number of recently added albums in the albums applet.
- Magnatune.com store: Added "Home" link to all artist and album pages leading to the Magnatune.com front page.
- Magnatune.com store: Improved Magnatune.com front page.
- Magnatune.com store: Completely remove option to purhcase single albums as this is no longer supported by Magnatune.com and the API for doing so will be disabled in the future.
- The new file browser now supports "places".
- Added "up" and "home" buttons to the new filebrowser.
- Items in the breadcrumb navigation bar are now hidden if there is not enough room to show all of them (similar to how it works in Dolphin) (BR 231497)
- Improved performance (dramatic in some cases) when filtering the Playlist (231185).
- Remove information that is already displayed elsewhere in the playlist from the playlist tooltips.
- Make showing the playlist tooltips a per playlist layout option.
- When bookmarking a view in the local collection, also store (and restore) the setings for "Show Cover Art" and "Show Years". (BR 230562)
- Allow moodbar files witout the leading '.' (both .<trackfilename>.mood and <trackfilename>.mood now work)
- Change example SQL command for setting up an external database to remove (sometimes incorrect) host name and possibly fix some random regression in some MySQL versions. (BR 225052)
- Fixed Youtube videoclip broken engine due to their recent change.
- Fixed Wikipedia no loading the css on KDE 4.4 (due to a regression in Qt 4.6.) (BR 222875)
- Settings dialog could become too wide with translations. (BR 233752)
- Fixed re-mounting iPhoneOS devices after having been unplugged without being unmounted. Thanks to Jeffrey Dodge <email@example.com>. (BR 233305)
- Fixed connection to iPod Touch devices. Patch by Jeffrey Dodge <firstname.lastname@example.org>. (BR 233257)
- Fixed the deletion of empty directories after deleting, or organizing. (BR 190881)
- Fixed a hang that would occur when organizing a track and the source file was the same as the destination file. (BR 233181)
- Fixed the double delete confirmation dialog when organizing tracks. (BR 233200)
- Fixed broken rendering of ratings in Current Track applet on startup.
- Fixed command type names shown in the Bookmark Manager not being translated. (BR 226829)
- Fixed crash on startup for users of MySQL 5.5. Thanks to Bartosz Fabianowski for figuring it out. (BR 231166)
- Readded missing hover info for the new filebrowser.
- Fixed missing images in the hover info shown for various browser categories.
- Fixed crash when running some Amarok urls on startup. (such as when passed on the command line or cliked in another app) (BR 231626)
- Fixed crashes when Amarok is started and the Info applet is loaded with certain version of Qt. (BR 227639) (BR 229756)
- Fixed organize collection dialog deleting tracks at new location instead of old. (BR 217002)
- Fixed a broken podcast feed that had a minor compliance issue in date format. (BR 231062)
- Fixed "files" bookmarks not storing the actual path shown in the file browser (BR 231437)
- Fixed incorrectly displayed cover images for albums with the same name, e.g. "Greatest Hits". (BR 170146)
- Fixed problems with new Main Toolbar and SHOUTcast streams: Since these streams cannot be paused, we detect this now and stop them instead.
- Fixed permission errors with each file copied to an iPhone via iFuse. Thanks to Colin Guthrie <email@example.com> for the patch. (BR 231021)
- Fixed issues with using random navigators while filetering or searching the Playlist. (BR 229226) (BR 222129)
- Fixed crash related to the new playlist tooltips. (BR 229696)
- Fixed some artist/album/track names not getting shown or getting shown incorrectly in the Current Track applet because of html encoding. (BR 222765)
- Fixed issue with the Albums applet not correctly updating when playing a track by an artist not present in the local collection.
- Fixed Albums applet not getting updated if the artist of the currently playing track was edited. (BR 210296)
- Fixed bad window title for the details edit dialog in the playlist layout editor. (BR 227912)
- Fixed wrong track getting dragged from the Playlist when sorting and/or filtering is active. (BR 226503)
- Fixed visual indication for "Stop After This Track" not getting shown immediately when using the global shortcut. (BR 230569)
- Cover fetcher: Fixed a crash involving reappearing cover found dialogs and pending cover fetches. (BR 230215)
- Display tooltips with applet names in the context toolbar. (BR 230736)
- File browser: "Add to Playlist" doesn't add playlist files to the playlist. (BR 229290)